Lions District 20-E2,
The Finger Lakes District
Bob Mizzoni, District
Governor Rich Shaff,
Motto: We Serve
Slogan: Liberty, Intelligence, Our
Where Lions meet,
Be present Lord,
To weld our hearts in one
To do thy will, Lord
Make us strong,
To aid the weak
and right the wrong.
And now may the Lord
Bless you and keep you
May the Lord be
gracious unto you
May the Lord lift up his countenance unto
And give you peace,
Now and forever more.
Not Above you
Not Beneath you
But With you
Induction ceremony (basic)
It is my pleasant duty to induct you into Lionism:
your right hand, giving your name where
I give mine:
I __________________, do solemnly swear/promise to
constitution of Lions Clubs International,
Lions of the State of New
York and Bermuda, and the
constitution and by-laws of the
___________________ Lions Club.
I will faithfully perform any duties to which I am
elected. So help me God.
Club President Excellence Award Requirements
- The club shall comply with the association constitution and
by-laws and the policies of the International Board of Directors and
shall refrain from any action encouraging unauthorized use of the name,
good will, emblem, the marks "Lions," "Lions Club," "Lioness," "Leo,"
"Lions International" or "Lions Clubs International" and other ins
ignias of this association.
- The club shall have no unpaid balances of over US$50 owing to the
international office as of March 31 of the fiscal year.
- The club must show a net increase in club membership for the
fiscal year, deaths and transfers not counted. Or, the club must sponsor
at least one Lions Club during the president's term of office.
- An accounting must be made for all Membership and Activities reports.
- From the following requirements, six (6) must be completed.
- All other reports required by the international of fice and/or the
single, sub- or multiple district of which the president's club is a
part must have been filed on time;
- The president must have personally sponsored one or more new
members who shall have been inducted prior to June 30 of his year;
- The club must have conducted at least one major service activity,
which shall have been reported on the club's Membership and Activities
Report. Organization of a Leo or Lioness club can be regarded as a
major service activity.
- The club must have conducted at least one major fundraising
project with substantial membership participation, which shall have been
reported on the club's Membership and Activities Report;
- The PU-101 form must have been submitted to the international
office before May 31;
- Club president must have attended at least two zone Advisory
Committee meetings in person and must have been in attendance at, or
shall have been represented at, all other such meetings held in the
zone; provided however, that those countries or areas where, because
of excessive distance or geographical conditions, such meetings are not
held, the governor is authorized to waive this requirement;
- The club president must have attended a single, sub- or multiple
district convention or conference or international convention preceding
or during his term of office.
- The club president must have attended a club officers training
school or session conducted by the district.
- In order to be eligible for the Club President Excellence Award,
the president must have been recommended by the zone chair and/or
region chair to the district governor and the district governor
must have certified the president as having met all the requirements
therefor. Such certification must be mailed to the international office
within 30 days after the close of the international convention.
- In order to qualify for the award, the club president must certify
that all new members have been properly inducted and indoctrinated and
involved by assignment to a working activity or service committee.
100% Club Secretary Award